Saturday, October 11, 2014

Fight for a Cure

Hi Crafty Friends,
Today is my second post as Guest Designer for SVG Cutting Files.

October is Cancer Awareness month.  Although most of the attention is on a cure for breast cancer, we must remember that there are so many other types that need attention and funding in order to find a cure.  The fight to cure Ovarian Cancer is very close to my heart.  I lost my sister-in-law who was also my best friend to ovarian cancer.  She fought such a valiant battle - I was with her for every appointment and treatment her final year.  I wouldn't trade her final months for anything as we laughed on her good days and cried for what was to come.  So, in order to honor her, I chose to use the teal ribbon for my project.  My nephew, her youngest son is a captain in the fire department.  They painted one of their trucks pink to send the awareness message but they added a huge banner that reads "ALL PEOPLE, ALL CANCERS" and that is my message as well.

Here's my project:



 I used SVG Cutting FilesAwareness Ribbon Candy Tube Holder.   I also used Jaded Blossom's Candy TubesFlag Dies, and Fight for a Cure stamps set.  I embellished with a little VersaMagic Chalk Ink, some twine, and Queen & Co. bubbles.

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...